North Valley Magazine Contest Rules
Official Rules for North Valley Magazine’s 2nd Annual Cutest Pet Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: Entries for the 2nd Annual North Valley Cutest Pet Contest will be accepted between the following dates––Jan. 27, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. on March 13, 2015. All entries (submissions) must be received on or before the time stated during that submission period. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the contest at their sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for mis-directed entries.
3. Contests Overview: The 2nd Annual North Valley Cutest Pet Contest is sponsored by North Valley Magazine. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. We’ll showcase all the entries in our April/May issue with directions on how readers can vote for their favorites. The animal with the most votes will get a professional photo shoot, grace the cover of North Valley Magazine’s June/July ’15 edition, and earn valuable prizes. The contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, or any other entities unless expressly stated. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Sponsor.
4. Eligibility: The contest is open to: (i) legal residents of Arizona (ii) are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of North Valley Magazine not eligible to enter the contest. By participating in Contests, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which is final in all matters relating to the Contests; (b) release and hold harmless Contests Entities and its respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in Contests and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules.
5. To Enter: Email three high-resolution photos of your pet, along with its name, age, breed or type, along with your name, zip code, and phone number to cutestpet2015@NorthValleymagazine.com by March 13, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. to enter your pet into North Valley Magazine’s 2nd Cutest Pet Contest. We’ll showcase all the entries in our April/May issue with directions on how readers can vote for their favorites. The animal with the most votes will get a professional photo shoot, grace the cover of North Valley Magazine’s June/July ’15 edition, and earn valuable prizes.
6. Winner Selection/Notification: All eligible entries will be featured in the April/May ’15 issue of North Valley Magazine with directions on how readers can vote for the entries on www.Facebook.com/NorthValleymagazine. Voting is open from April 1, 2015 through April 30, 2015, 2015. Winners will be selected from the Eligible Entries or number of votes received throughout the Voting Period. North Valley Magazine will make up to two (2) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following Winners’ selection to contact the potential Winner the contact information provided in the contest entry. If a potential Winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds. The Sponsor expressly reserve the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary. If the potential Winner is not available for a photo shoot between the dates of May 1, 2015 to May 10, 2015, an alternate winner will be selected.
Entrants and contest participants are not allowed to use Automated Tweets or Tweets sent via a bot or any automatic voting software to inflate vote counts. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a vote, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook account used to participate in the applicable Contest at the actual time of the vote will be deemed the participant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Facebook account by Facebook. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Winners Verification: The potential Winners must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days if requested by North Valley Magazine for any reason.
- Prizes: Prizes will be at North Valley Magazine discretion. Style, size, and color are final. No other substitution, transfer or cash equivalent permitted. Prizes cannot be returned to North Valley Magazine. Prizes will be shipped on or around fifteen (15) days following each Winner selection and such dates are subject to change at North Valley Magazine’s sole discretion. Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in Arizona.
- General Prize Terms: Arrangements for fulfillment of prizes will be made by North Valley Magazine. Upon entry into the Contest, Winners (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes (if any), and any other costs and expenses associated with the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules, are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to Winners or potential Winners who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize Prizes as described herein.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR CONTESTS/SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
The Contests Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in Contests. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contests, or in the announcement of the Winners.
If, for any reason, any Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Contests, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A North Valley CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE ARIZONA STATE COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTESTS/SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contests Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contests, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contests Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contests Entities has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
- Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: North Valley Magazine, Attention: Managing Editor, 3120 W. Carefree Hwy., Ste. 1-128, Phoenix, AZ North Valley. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Winners.”